Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045 is a Ghost in the Shell anime produced by Netflix. The character designer will be the russian artist Ilya Kuvshinov. This will be the series first portrayal in full CGI animation as an animated series and, to achieve a sense of photo-realism with 3D graphics, will utilise motion capture technology for realistic motion.
The first 12 episodes of the 24-episode series were released on April 23, 2020 in Japanese, and directed by Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama. The English dub was not made available until May 3 due to the COVID-19 pandemic causing production delays. The remaining 12 episodes of the series do not yet have a scheduled release date.
Plot Synopsis Edit
In the year 2045, after an economic disaster known as the Synchronized Global Default, rapid developments in AI propelled the world to enter a state of "Sustainable War". However, the public is not aware of the threat that AI has towards the human race.
Full-body cyborg Major Motoko Kusanagi and her second-in-command Batou are former members of Public Security Section 9, who are now hired mercenaries traveling the hot, devastated American west coast. This land is full of opportunity for the major and her team, they utilize their enhanced cyberbrains and combat skills from their time working in Section 9. However, things get complicated with the emergence of "post-humans", who have extreme intelligence and physical powers. The members of Section 9 come back together again in order to face this new threat.
|#||Image||Episode Title||Original Airdate||English Dub Airdate|
|1||NO NOISE NO LIFE - Sustainable War||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|2||AT YOUR OWN RISK - Divided by a Wall||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|3||MAVERICK - MIA||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|4||SACRIFICIAL PAWN - Emissary from the Divide||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|5||PATRICK HUGE - Gift from God||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|6||DISCLOSURE - Quantized Gospel||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|7||PIE IN THE SKY - First Bank Robbery||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|8||ASSEMBLE - What Came About as a Result of Togusa's Death||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|9||IDENTITY THEFT - The Lonely Struggle||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|10||NET PEOPLE - Reasons Leading to Flameout||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|11||EDGELORD - The Revolution of the 14-year-olds||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
|12||NOSTALGIA - All Will Become N||April 23, 2020||May 3, 2020|
Behind the Scenes - GalleryEdit
- ↑ . Retrieved on 2019-12-06
- ↑ https://www.ghostintheshell-sac2045.jp/
- ↑ Netflix Is Getting Into The Ghost In The Shell Business. Retrieved on 2018-12-09
- ↑ Netflix Lists Ghost in the Shell: SAC _2045 As “English Dub…Pending” On Day Of Release. Bubble Blabber (April 23, 2020). Retrieved on May 6, 2020.
- SAC_2045 is a reference to Ray Kurzweils The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology. In it, Kurzweil predicts that the singularity will occur in 2045.
- The Netflix series "ULTRAMAN" is created by the same director and music and production studio.
- Official Website
- Production I.G. News
- Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 3DCG Anime's Characters Designed by Birthday Wonderland's Ilya Kuvshinov
-  攻殻機動隊 SAC_2045』の幕開け――神山健治 × 荒牧伸志 ダブル監督が語る本作に込めたこだわり
- Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045 | Teaser | Netflix [Youtube]
- 『攻殻機動隊 SAC_2045』予告編 - Netflix [Youtube]
- Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 | Official Trailer | Netflix [Youtube]
- Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 | Final Trailer | Netflix [Youtube]
- 『攻殻機動隊 SAC_2045』TVCM 30秒 - Netflix [Youtube]
- 『『攻殻機動隊 SAC_2045』TVCM 15秒 - Netflix [Youtube]
- 『攻殻機動隊 SAC_2045 × ULTRAMAN』特別コラボレーションPV
- New Interview w/ Kamiyama about SAC_2045 Summary
- ◤#ネトフリアニメ スペシャル生配信◢ 「 #キミを笑顔にするアニメ 」第1部 『#攻殻機動隊 SAC_2045』スペシャル ✨ [Twitter Broadcast](https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1241226110941052928)(https://www.pscp.tv/w/1LyGBNDOqMzGN) - Guests: Atsuko Tanaka (田中敦子)/ Akio Otsuka(大塚明夫) / Koichi Yamadera (山寺宏一) / Director Kenji Kamiyama (神山健治) / Director Shinji Aramaki (荒牧伸志)
- 『攻殻機動隊_SAC_2045』× au 5G UNLIMITED REALITY #渋谷攻殻
- TVCM | au 「au 5Gその手に」篇 [Youtube]
- Interview With Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045 Directors Kenji Kamiyama and Shinji Aramaki
- Interview with Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045 Character Designer Ilya Kuvshinov
- Interview with Mili – The Creative Minds Behind Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045’s Ending Theme “Sustain++;”